August 30, 2007
Problems with Printing Multiple Copies
Another reminder: if you try to print n copies from one of the departmental linux workstations, you will get n^2 copies from the printer. There are two ways to get n copies:
1) Print x1 + x2 + x3 + ... xn copies, where x1 ... xn are integer such that x1^2 + x2^2 + x3^2 ... xn^2 = n.
2) Use the photocopier in the main office.
Method 2 is, in fact, preferred because:
1) no mental mental algebra is involved
2) the photocopier is cheaper than the printer
3) it's actually departmental policy (primarily for reason no. 2)