Here is a 3rd Sample Test for Test #1 (the other sample tests are in the lab manual)
Test #1 Information:
- Date: Monday February 8th
- Total Marks: 21
- Format: 20 Multiple Choice Questions, worth 1 mark each plus the following question worth 1 mark on proper computer card filling: "Correctly fill out the bubbles corresponding to all 9 digits of your student number, as well as the version number of your test in the correct places on the computer card.". (Read this for instructions and an example.)
- Coverage: Chapters 1-5, 6.2, 6.3, 6.5, 6.7, 6.8 (Note: The only sections from Chapters 1-5 that you are responsible for are the sections given in the Course Calendar)
- Formulas: The 2 page formula sheet from the front of the courseware will be provided with the test.
- Tables: page A-39 of the textbook (i.e., the normal table for positive z-values only) and Table E (the t table) from the textbook will be provided with the test
- sample tests are available in the Lab manual
- You MUST bring your student I.D. card to the test
- Only the McMaster Standar Calculator Casio fx-991 is allowed
- Your name and signature must be written in PEN on both the test paper and on the computer card.
- The rest of the computer card must be filled out in PENCIL
- Read these insructions on how to fill out the computer card.
- If you cannot write the test due to medical or family reasons then fill out the MSAF. In that case the weight for the missed test will be added to your final exam.
Labs start on January 11th (Attendance is optional. If you can do the assignment/labs on your own, have access to Minitab, and do not need the help of a TA then you don't have to go to the scheduled lab times.)
The lab manual is new for this year, updated for use with Minitab 17 (among other changes). The lab manual from last term can be used, but older lab manuals (from previous years) should not be used.
To get started you should do Part 1 of Assignment/Lab #0 (preparing the Databank data set) which is in the lab manual.
Then go online (using the assignment/lab link below) to do Part 2 of Assignment/Lab #0 (creating your own personalized birth data set). The remaining assignments are all done online (and will make use of these datasets that you have created).
Suggested problems (for practice) are in the lab manual
Times and locations of lectures and labs can be found on Mosaic.