- I am a co-organizer of an Oberwolfach Workshop on ``Okounkov bodies and applications'' to be held in May 2014.
- I am a co-organizer of a Banff International Research Station research workshop on ``Convex bodies and representation theory''
to be held in February 2014.
- I was a co-organizer of an International Summer School and Conference on Schubert Calculus in Osaka, Japan, in July 2012.
- In August 2011 I co-organized, together with Kiumars Kaveh and Askold Khovanskii, an Oberwolfach Mini-Workshop on ``Recent Developments in Newton-Okounkov bodies''.
- I was the organizer of a Hausdorff Institute Research in Groups project, to take place
May 2011, which brings together a small group of mathematicians representing
algebraic topology, algebraic geometry, and symplectic geometry, to work together
on problems concerning orbifolds and invariants of orbifolds, focusing particularly
on orbifold toric varieties.
- In April 2011, Kevin Purbhoo, Joel Kamnitzer, and I organized the second annual Southern Ontario Groups and Geometry workshop at the Fields Institute.
- In November 2010, I co-organized a BIRS (Banff International Research Station) workshop on Topological methods in toric geometry, symplectic geometry, and combinatorics.
- In April 2010, I helped organize the 8th annual Graduate Student
Topology and Geometry Conference held at U. of Michigan. The Fields Institute
generously provided funds to allow Canadian graduate students to attend the conference (which was in Ann Arbor, Michigan, U.S.A.).
- I spent the Spring (January - May) 2010 semester at MSRI (Mathematical Sciences Research Insitute) at Berkeley, taking part in the year-long Symplectic and Contact Geometry and Topology year.
- In October 2009, Joel Kamnitzer, Kevin Purbhoo and I organized what we hope will be the first of an annual tradition, the Southern
Ontario Groups and Geometry workshop at the Fields Institute in Toronto. This first workshop was informally a 40th birthday party for our Ph.D. supervisor Allen Knutson.
- In June 2009, Julianna Tymoczko and I organized a small and
intensive VIGRE Workshop on ``Combinatorial Algebraic Geometry of Flag Varieties'',
held at the University of Iowa.
- My colleague Julianna Tymoczko (U Iowa) and I received a ``travel grant for research collaboration'' for 2010-2011 to study the equivariant
topology of Hessenberg varieties from the Midwest Topology Network, an NSF-funded organization supporting topologists in the U.S. Midwest.
- I was an invited lecturer at the Summer School in Symplectic Geometry in July 2007, hosted by Osaka City University. The school was supported in part by the JSPS (Japan Society for the Promotion of Science)
21st century COE (Centers of Excellence) Program.
- I gave a series of two Pathways Lectures at the Department of Mathematics at Keio University in Yokohama, Japan, July 9-10, 2007. The Pathways Lecture Series in Mathematics at Keio is part of the 21st century COE Program at Keio on Integrative Mathematical Sciences.
- I co-organized a 2-day workshop ``Connecting Women in Mathematics across Canada'', held at the Fields Institute in Toronto, December 7--8, 2006. The organizers were myself, Gerda de Vries, Lisa Jeffrey, Laura Scull, and Ping Zhou.
- I co-organized a week-long ``Research in Teams'' workshop on the topology of hyperkahler quotients, held at the Banff International Research Station, 19 -- 26 August, 2006. My co-organizers (and fellow participants) were Greg Landweber and Graeme Wilkin.
- I co-organized an International Conference on Toric Topology, held in Osaka, Japan, in May 29 -- June 2, 2006. The organizers were Mikiya Masuda, Taras Panov, Yael Karshon, and myself.
- I organized the U of T Symplectic Seminar from Fall 2003 to Spring 2006.
- I co-organized a Workshop on Schubert Calculus, held June 8--12, 2005 at the Fields Institute in Toronto. The organizers were myself, Lisa Jeffrey, Alistair Savage, and Alex Yong. Go to this website to get slides, notes, and to hear audio recordings of lectures given at the workshop.