Math 3T03: Topology, Winter 2012
Basic Course Information:
Monday and Wedsnesday 11:30AM-12:20PM, Friday 1:30-2:20PM, Hamilton Hall 102.
- Instructor: Prof. Megumi Harada
- Office: Hamilton Hall 325
- Office hours:
Tuesdays 9:30-11:30AM and 12:30-1:30PM.
- First day of office hours: Wedsnesday January 5.
Course Syllabus and Overview:
The required text is Munkres, Topology (ISBN:978-0131816299).
The course outline gives an overview of the course and logistical information.
Problem Sets and Solutions:
Look here for course announcements as the semester goes on.
- An excellent guide to writing in math classes from Dr. Annalissa Crannell is available here.
- Dr. Michael Hutchings of UC Berkeley wrote a guide to writing proofs.
- Office hours changed as of the week of March 5. I'll be in my office on Tuesdays, 9:30-11:30AM and 12:30-1:30PM.
Tests and Exams:
- Test 1 is coming up on Friday 3 February 2012, during class time, in our usual classroom.
- You may submit test problem proposals to me by Tuesday January 31, 5:00PM. (A proposal consists of: a clear statement of the problem, a complete and correct solution to your problem, and a brief justification of why you think this is a good and fair test problem.)
- Here are sample solutions to Test 1.
- Test 2 has been moved by communal approval to MONDAY, March 12 (instead of March 9 as originally planned).
- Test 2 problem proposals due to me by Wedsnesday March 7, 5:00PM.
- Test 2 will cover up to and including material in lecture Friday March 2.
- Here are sample solutions to Test 2.