I am a postdoctoral fellow at McMaster University. I obtained my PhD from Durham University under the supervision of Andrew Lobb. My full CV is available here.
I am co-organiser of the Geometry & Topology Seminar.
My mathematical interests are in low dimensional topology: including knot homology, knot and link concordance, and virtual knot theory.
I also have a blog about text book covers.
All comments very welcome.
5. A parity for 2-colourable links, submitted. Preprint available here.
4. Ascent sliceness. Preprint available here.
3. Additional gradings on generalisations of Khovanov homology and invariants of embedded surfaces with Vassily Manturov, J. Knot Theory Ramifications 27 (9), 2018. Preprint available here.
2. Computations of the slice genus of virtual knots, Topology Appl. 253, 2019. Preprint available here.
1. Doubled Khovanov homology, Canad. J. Math. 70 (5), 2018. Preprint available here.
Winter 2019: 1B03 Linear Algebra 1/ 1ZC3 Engineering Mathematics II. The lecture notes can be found here. Lectures are on Tuesdays from 19:00 to 22:00 in TSH B128. All course information can be found on the course page in childsmath. For questions about mathematics, please email me and/or visit my office hours. For MSAF, SAS, and other issues, please email Dr Childs.
My office hours are: ◉ Monday 12:00 to 13:00 ◉ Tuesday 17:00 to 18:00 ◉ Wednesday 14:00 to 15:00 in Hamilton Hall 319.
You can email me at email@example.com.
My postal address is: Department of Mathematics and Statistics McMaster University 1280 Main Street West Hamilton, Ontario L8S 4K1 Canada